This award recognises general contribution to the advancement of the understanding of social policy through the publication of scholarly works. Books by those in the early stages of their careers are particularly welcomed.
- Only single or co-authored monographs can be nominated.
- Author (if co-authored, all authors) must be current member(s) of the SPA.
- Evidence of publication date between 1st January and 31st December 2021 must be provided
- Nominations must be received by the deadline.
- All nominations must be submitted by a current SPA member via the nomination form.
- The nominator should provide a 250 word statement giving reason for the nomination.
- The Awards Officer will then request four copies of the book from the publisher. (The SPA cannot be held responsible if the publisher does not respond to this request).
The judging panel will be annually convened from SPA Executive members who will refer to a standard scoring matrix in order to make a decision on the award.
The winner(s) will be awarded £200 and honorary membership of the SPA for the year following the award.