Nominations for the 2023 Social Policy Association Awards are now open! You can make nominations via an online nomination form here.
Nominations will close at 12pm on Friday 24th March.
If you have any queries about our awards programme, please contact SPA awards officer Ellen Stewart, at: email@example.com.
Read more information about the awards and the available categories below.
The SPA awards aim to:
1) Advance the interests of the SPA and its members through increased reach and status
2) Recognise and endorse the work of academics who are both researching and teaching social policy, and who as SPA members contribute to advancing the discipline
3) Recognise and endorse the work of individuals and organisations who as social policy practitioners and/or advocates, are using academic work produced by the social policy academic community and/or are working with academics to promote the public understanding of social policy
Process of awards
Where the awards are made on the decision of the SPA-appointed judging panel, the panel will comprise four judges appointed by the Executive to serve for 3 years and will normally include:
- The SPA President
- 1 judge drawn from outside the academic community
- 2 judges appointed from SPA membership
General rules of the Awards
Those making a nomination must do so with the full knowledge of the person being nominated. Please read the rules and criteria for each award carefully before submitting a nomination. Current members of the SPA-appointed judging panel are not eligible to nominate.
- Outstanding Achievement in Social Policy Award
- Excellence in Doctoral Research Award
- The Richard Titmuss Book Award
- Policy Press Outstanding Teaching Award
- Public Understanding of Social Policy Award
- Cambridge University Press Awards for Excellence in Social Policy Scholarship (JSP, SP&S & JCISP)